discovery :: hegemony :: prophecy :: conspiracy :: eschatology :: anthropology :: cosmology :: philosophy :: epistemology :: teleology  [?]

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

POLICE STATE

Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s Anti-Bush Photo,
Secret Service Investigates


Selina Jarvis had assigned her senior civics and economics class “to take photographs to illustrate their rights in the Bill of Rights,” she says. One student “had taken a photo of George Bush out of a magazine and tacked the picture to a wall with a red thumb tack through his head.
Then he made a thumb’s down sign with his own hand next to the President’s picture, and he had a photo taken of that, and he pasted it on a poster.
An employee in that Wal-Mart photo department called policewho turned the matter over to the Secret Service.
The student came to me and told me that the Secret Service had taken his poster.
“Halfway through my afternoon class, the assistant principal got me out of class and took me to the office conference room,” she says. “Two men from the Secret Service were there. They asked me what I knew about the student."
They told her the incident “would be interpreted by the U.S. attorney, who would decide whether the student could be indicted,” she says.

[Dissent is now unchristian. Dissent is now undemocratic. Dissent is now un-American. Dissent is now dangerous.]

No comments: