discovery :: hegemony :: prophecy :: conspiracy :: eschatology :: anthropology :: cosmology :: philosophy :: epistemology :: teleology  [?]

Monday, January 05, 2004

SKY IS FALLING

Meteorite hits Iran

A meteorite has hit northern Iran causing minor damage to property but there were no immediate reports of casualties, state radio has said. The impact sent locals in panic onto the streets in the northern town of Babol in Mazandaran province.
"A meteorite which hit Babol on Friday morning caused only some minor damage to residential units," radio said, without giving further details or citing any source. It said the impact was felt up to one kilometre away.
A member of the family on whose house the comet fell tells the story: “I woke up in the morning and suddenly saw an amazing light which was moving toward the house, just then I heard a horrible crash and when I came to myself I found our house totally destroyed.”

No comments: