discovery :: hegemony :: prophecy :: conspiracy :: eschatology :: anthropology :: cosmology :: philosophy :: epistemology :: teleology  [?]

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

TRUST IN GOD

School drops Muslim girl for wearing traditional scarf

A 17-year-old Muslim girl, about to begin her senior year at a Cleveland area Catholic school, has been dismissed because of a head scarf.
Amal Jamal was informed that she violated her Catholic school dress code by wearing a Muslim headscarf, or hajib, and thus was no longer welcome at Regina High School.
'I was in shock; I didn't understand,' the soft-spoken Amal told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. 'All along, they gave me a room to pray in. They asked me questions about Islam. They always accepted me for who I was. Now they have decided it is against school policy to wear my hajib.'

No comments: