discovery :: hegemony :: prophecy :: conspiracy :: eschatology :: anthropology :: cosmology :: philosophy :: epistemology :: teleology  [?]

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

NEW WORLD ORDER



Specially trained Miami police have their say on free speech in the US: "Shut the fuck up or get shot".

A sad day for Miami ... and freedom

What I describe below is the experience of a middle-class woman, a wife and mother who is simply a citizen of the U.S. concerned about the state of her nation. I do not have a shaved-head, tattoos or multiple piercings, and have not been running around with a sling-shot (as has been rumored about the Free Trade Agreement protesters). I have never destroyed someone else’s personal or private property (nor do I ever intend to) but I do take my first amendment rights very seriously and that is why I am writing this.
Over 800 million people in the Western Hemisphere will be affected by the FTAA negotiations that are going on here in Miami and as I witnessed last night, there is a huge campaign of intimidation and coercion to keep people from expressing the powerful tool of many voices -- demonstrating in the streets as a form of protest.

No comments: